About this Course
Psychiatric Medications and Spiritual Emergence
- Become more knowledgeable about the impact of psych meds in general
- Become more “integrative”--as a consumer or a provider
- Understand more deeply how psych meds may impact the process of spiritual growth
Format: There are 3 modules with several activities which you can follow in sequence or as you wish, aka cherry pick what interests you or follow the suggested sequence. For the most part: You’ll watch videos, but there is some reading, and the opportunity to discuss with other students and the facilitator, via a comment box, if you wish...so you don't have to sort out this complex field on your own, spinning through google.
- Prescription Drugs Have Risks
- Peter Goetsche: What Research Shows
- David Healy, MD: What People Experience on Psych Meds
- Peter Breggin, MD: Spell Binding is Not Just for Witches
- Help with Withdrawal from Meds: Mad in America Resources
- New Options: Mark Hyman, MD: Functional Medicine
When: At your convenience
Facilitator: Emma Bragdon, PhD is the Founder/Director of Integrative Mental Health for You. She was licensed as a Marriage, Family, Child Therapist in 1988 and has been involved with teaching complementary therapies for 45 years. She has written 7 books and co-produced two documentary films. EmmaBragdon.com
Course Fee: FREE. Please register by clicking on the registration button at the top of the page.
If you feel that this course has been helpful to you please make a donation at http://www.imhu.org/donation. IMHU is a not for profit charitable organisation that relies on donations and class registrations to maintain itself.