About this Course
Part One--How to Reduce ADHD:
When Psych Meds Are No Longer #1
Your Take Home: Be informed about the meaning of an ADHD diagnosis, the issues around medication, and alternatives to medication.
Dates: Participate and watch vids at your convenience.
Location: Online --anywhere that you have internet access!
Format: We organized the course, both Part One and Two, in six modules. Part one is an introduction. You can do the activities in this module in the order you wish, if you choose. You don't have to attend any classes at exact times. All module activities are pre-recorded. Watch them when it is convenient for you.
Facilitator: Emma Bragdon, PhD., Founder/ Director of IMHU
Agenda for Part One:
1. What is ADHD?
- Meet Emma Bragdon, PhD.
- What Conventional Medicine Sees & What We Do About It
- The Floodtide of Diagnosis: Why?
Agenda for Part Two:
2. Profits & Outcomes
- The Spin
- Adding Marijuana
- Kids Overthrown by the Waves
3. Effective Alternatives: Food First
- New Answers
- Meet Judy Tsafrir, MD: Why Nutrition is Important
- Changing the Diagnosis: What is ADHD, really?
4. Effective Alternatives: Training Attention
- Simon Says Do This
- Neuro-feedback Trumps Bio-feedback
- Millie Mindfulness Comes to School
5. Effective Alternatives: Social & Spiritual Alliances
- Please Pass the Peas
- Spirituality Sits at the Head of the Table
- Accentuate the Positive
6. How to Encourage Brilliance
- Meet Erica Goldson (18 yrs old): Says Yes to Creativity
- Meet Logan LaPlante (13 yrs old): Loves His School
- Meet Jack Andraka (15 yrs old): Contributes to Oncology
In Parts One and Two: You do not have to be an expert at the computer to participate; it's easy to follow. A sequence of activities, eg watch a specific video, will be given to you and can be done at your convenience; you can follow along online on a computer or mobile device. Most activities are 5-20 minutes long; so they fit into a busy schedule. Join with the facilitator and others online, if you wish, for discussion.
In Part Two you will watch unique videos, read short articles, be inspired and entertained by children who are successful in bringing out their gifts. You will also receive resources to help you cope more successfully with the issues you and/or your family have. Be prepared for some fun and laughs, too!
There are some partial scholarships for those in financial difficulties. Please apply here.